10 Time Saving Tips for Busy Moms to Cook More and Cook Healthier
- Have some cooked staples always at hand to use when you are in a rush: cooked brown rice, boiled quinoa, brown pasta, grilled chicken breast.
- Stack your freezer with home cooked dishes organized in portioned and labelled containers
- Have in your freezer basic recipes needed for complex dishes that will save you time and motivate you to prepare wholesome food: minced coriander sautéed with garlic and olive oil for most Mediterranean pot dishes; sautéed minced meat and onion for your Bolognese or green peas stew:
Buy fresh, local, seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Don’t throw fruits once ripe some can be useful if stored in the freezer: squeeze ripe lemon and save them in ice trays; peel and store ripe bananas in freezer bags for quick smoothies, bake or roast ripe capsicum and save them in the freezer for quick heating, cut, blanch and dry raw homemade fries then save them in freezer bags for quick baking , skip the frozen French fries as these are ALREADY FRIED.
- Save your homemade broth chicken, veggies and beef in your freezer for a quick soup or stew base.
- Stock on frozen healthy snacks, they last up to 3 monthes and can be ready faster than home delivery or a take away: edamame, whole wheat pizzas and manaeesh and kibbeh balls